Thursday, April 24, 2008

Penny Candy


Hi everybody! Here's a pair of earrings and a bracelet I did a while back. I was practicing my soldering, and pennies are cheap, so I domed some and soldered them together. They turned out so cute, I had to make something with them! I twisted some 20g wire together and made jumprings, then soldered them closed. The stone chips are jasper, I think. I've come a little further along with my soldering now, but it takes the practice.

I have a new pendant, but it's for the Spring Challenge at J.A.N. so I can't show you yet. It used all of my skills, and turned out better than I expected. The entries are due by the end of the month, so I'll show you then.

Well, I finally broke down and ordered some sterling silver sheet and tubing. I'm going to make some rings with it and so how it goes. If people will buy copper ones, maybe they'll buy silver. I've been wanting it, but didn't feel ready to try. Now I think I can do something with it. My hubby bought a cow, so I bought silver! LOL

May God bless each and every one of you, and may you all have a blessed day!

3 comments:

Chris said...

Tammy!
Silver sheet, eh? Big time! And I do think it's fair if your hubby bought a cow, OF COURSE you can buy silver.

Love the penny bracelet and earrings.

Can't wait to see the pendant you did for the spring challenge!!!

Diane said...

This bracelet and earrings are FINE. Tammy, how did you drill the hole thru the edge of that pennie?...and, did you use a special hammer, or the peen side to dome the pennies? What a great job, I really like this set.

Barrie said...

I love this set Tammy, so cute! I guess I should count my blessings that my impulse shop-aholic hubby hasn't bought a cow! Certainly gives you a good excuse to buy silver though! Yell is you get stuck at any point, rings are my specialty!