Sunday, April 13, 2008

Custom Wedding Band

I did something today I didn't think I could do. I soldered a ring band! I had just assumed I couldn't, so I never tried. Then yesterday a girl from Australia asked me if I could make her's and her fiance's wedding rings!
I almost said no, then I thought, "oh well, what the heck, I'll try it."At first I was holding it with pliers and the solder would NOT melt! No matter how long I heated it! Then I thought, "Idiot! The pliers are acting like a heat sink!" When I layed it down and tried, it WORKED! You can barely see the solder line, and I'm tickled pink! Even if they don't like it, I DO. I learned that I can do it! I think I would like the ring more with only one wrap, so more copper would show, maybe they will too. I am honored and amazed that they want me to do this!
These pics aren't the best, but I just finished it, and I couldn't wait for morning to photo it! I usually take pics in the morning, outside. The light's best then.
I hope you all had a beautiful weekend and have a wonderful week!

4 comments:

Chris said...

Yay Tammy! How great it is to learn you can do something new. And you are always fearless to try. Which is one of the reasons I admire you so~~

Anonymous said...

I love all of your new work!!!
I missed alot over the last few days!!

Anonymous said...

Finally made it over to check out your blog...I love the ring! It's fun to just jump in and try, and this turned out beautifully!

Diane said...

Wow~how cool is that? And, you are so cool to try! It is beautiful, and I know they will love it.
And, I love your truck. Only, you would love your truck (kinda like me) and my deer lease pictures! O, Anita would like it as well~Prairie Dreams & Prairie Visions =)