Tuesday, March 18, 2008

New To Blogging

When I was a little girl, I would watch my Daddy carve. He could turn a block of wood into a duck decoy that looked so real you had to touch it just to make sure it wouldn't quack. Luckily, for me, I got a little bit of that artistic talent and I've tried it out in many mediums. When I got to metalwork, I found my true passion. I love the feeling of turning cold, hard metal into something warm, and beautiful. The process of hammering and joining pieces of metal is a release of emotions for me. I pour myself into each piece and try to convey my thoughts and feelings. I am at peace with myself and the world when I'm working.
I am inspired by the world around me, and the things in everyday life. Ideas and designs are formed in my mind and are slowly but surely coaxed into reality. I believe that an artist leaves a little bit of their soul in each work of art, and passes that on to the person that falls in love with it. It is my mark on the world, proof that I was here. Art outlives the artist.
I've never had any formal training in the arts. I use the things I've picked up along the way, from TV, books, and the internet. I don't always follow the rules, but adapt them to work for me. Therefore, a lot of my techniques are unique to me.

This blog will allow me to share my thoughts and creative process with anyone who wants to listen.

No comments: