Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Beginning




I guess I should start this off with where I started off. My Daddy made the most beautiful carvings and I was so in awe of that. I used to think "Man, I wish I could do that!" Wood carving is one thing I've never tried. I think I knew I could never be as good as he was, so I wouldn't even try. I did start out painting. We would paint ceramics as a family, and I really liked it. Later on, I started painting on canvas.


I do some wood working. I build birdhouses and squirrel feeders. I built the railings on my porch and my Mom's. I'll try almost anything once!


I am also a fairly decent mechanic, but only on older models. I don't work on the newer ones these days. They have way to much crap that can go wrong.


I started making jewelry a few years ago and have progressed from simple wire work to more complex sheet metal. I have found what I love! I hope you enjoy reading about my journey.


These pictures are of a duck head that my Dad made and gave me for Christmas 9 years ago. I dearly love it. The second pic is a close up of the details, each line was done with a woodburner and looks like it would feel like a duck.

No comments: