Thursday, July 9, 2009

Dragonheart

I finally got to make something new!


The first one is a dragonblood jasper necklace. I love dragonblood jasper! The red streaks really do look like blood. I'm donating a piece to a charity called Wings Of Hope, and it might be this one.

They are a wildlife rehab facility here in Louisiana, and the only one in this state that rescues bats. Since I love animals, I'm donating to their auction.

The ring is just another stamped one, but without a spinner. I'm kinda tired of spinning rings! :)

It says-
love you once, love you still
always have, always will

I'm working on several more pieces but today I'm being lazy. It's 12:30 and I haven't even showered yet! :) So I'm off to do that now.

11 comments:

Freida said...

OMG! That is soooo gorgeous!! Tammy, your talent is still awe-inspiring! You have the touch girl!
{{{hugs}}}
F

Melissa Meman said...

both absolutely gorgeous! I may have to get you to make me a ring :)

Ginga Squid said...

Both pieces very cool - love that jasper. Beautiful! I so love you style. I hadn't heard of Dragonsblood before.

Tammy - do you stamp the ring after its soldered or before? If its after - how do you stamp it, do you do it on a mandrel?

Ginga Squid said...

Ah thanks for that Tammy! Guess I'm going to have to learn to solder one of these days....!

Fashionably Adorned said...

I love the new work!! and that's great that your doing some donating!! My son corey is obsessed with bats and has educated me on them.. they are not the scary creatures we think they are and some are even cute!! I keep telling him he could be a batologist (is that even a word) and travel the world studing them.....

Gemheaven said...

OMg I love that ring ~ I have one that says ~and on and on and on ~ all the way round ~ yours would make a lovely companion *note to self speak to dh*

susie said...

Love the jasper piece - and I am so jealous of how beautifully you are able to stamp- every time I try it ends up looking like I let one of the kids do it!

Tammy's Treasure Chest said...

Thank you all so much! You keep me going with all of the encouragement. :)
LOL Susie! I draw my lines on the silver with a ruler and pencil, then use an opti-visor so I can see the lines, and still, it all goes wonky sometimes!

CarolynArtist said...

I friggin love that ring! I'm a sucker for spinners too, and flared non spinners...this one is off the chart pretty!

Bonhomie said...

Oh My!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that ring!!! I still have such a hard time getting the join right on bands....yours are flawless!!

Swati said...

Beautiful pendant! And like you I am getting bored of spinners too, even though I have not made as many as you. LOL! I am thinking of setting tiny stones with the stamped rings now.