Thursday, July 24, 2008

Simple Rings



Here are a couple of simple sterling silver and copper rings that I made.
The first is a 1/4" wide band that overlaps, and is held with a copper rivet.
The secong is a 1/4" band with a small copper washer on top. I lined the copper with silver so it won't turn the wearer green. I used a ball pein to texture the bands, and the copper was hammered on my old hunk of rust-pitted iron.
i'm not sure why I'm bothering actually. It seems that sales for me have dried up right now on Etsy. I was selling a lot, but now, nothing. Oh well, I guess that's how it goes!
I got new thick 16g copper sheet from Monsterslayer today, but I didn't work. I worked all day yesterday, but today I just didn't feel like it. That's unusual for me. I usually work some everyday.
I'm getting very frustrated with the people I bought my building from. It was supposed to be here around the 14th, then it was the first part of this week. I haven't heard from them, so I guess I'll call again tomorrow. If they don't come on, I'll get my money back, and get one somewhere else. I'm not picky about which business gets the dough! I just want my studio!
I'm thinking seriously about quitting smoking. I've tried before (several times), but it only lasted about 6 weeks. They are a horrible addiction, and I have a love-hate relationship with them! I really need to quit. My husband doesn't smoke, and he thinks you just lay them down and stop! It works for a few people, but not me! The patch really helps, so I guess that's what I'll get. I'm not a nice person when I really want a smoke, so it will probably not be fun around here! I'll keep you all updated, but don't expect miracles! LOL
Have a great Friday~

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Every time you try you are closer to quiting! Are you getting a studio? How exciting!

Chris said...

Tammy! A studio??? Explain, gal! And I'm so proud of you for quitting. It can't be easy. But I want you around all nice and healthy for a long long time!